So it's late at night but I can't sleep because I've been so upset today about not getting pictures! I can't believe that the last picture I took of myself pregnant was at 34 weeks!! What was I thinking?!?! I meant to get a 38 week picture, a 40 week picture, a 41 week picture, and a picture the day I went into labor. Didn't get any of them... not a darn one! Stupid, stupid, stupid! I kept telling myself to just quickly snap a picture, but I never did.
And on top of that, we did NOT plan pictures or video of the labor well. Why didn't we have someone take pictures and document the day? Especially once we were at the birthing center, why didn't we capture her being born or her on my chest for the first time? Why didn't we take a picture of me with her? Why didn't we get video of her being weighed & measured? Or my family seeing her for the first time? I don't know how many times I'm going to cry about this today, but it just breaks my heart that those opportunities are gone and I can't get them back.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way!!! I was the same way, didn't get hardly any pictures of me even pregnant, or of the day she was born! It kills me too, but I just try to make up for it now. Whenever I think, oh she looks so cute, or whatever, I have to force my (lazy) self to go get the camera, so I don't have any more regrets!!!!! And your not stupid...I'm sure going through with a natural labor you were thinking about way more than worrying about a silly camera :) And by the way she's beautiful
ReplyDelete