Thursday, June 9, 2011

20 weeks- IT'S A GIRL!!

At 20 weeks we had an ultrasound and found out that we're having a little girl! I really thought it was going to be a boy & so did almost everyone else. But we are thrilled it's a girl! Dresses, bows, and accessories are kind of my thing when it comes to babies...

So around 20 weeks, I started having a minor breakdown. I had considered going natural but was struggling with the decision. I felt like it was something I really wanted to do but I was nervous about it. I was going to Dr. Judd and during a visit with him, I explained that I was considering doing a natural birth and he freaked out. He was incredibly rude & told me that doing it wouldn't get me a medal and that I would be much happier just getting the drugs. He said that I likely wouldn't be able to handle the pain! We argued back and forth for 30 mins during my appointment until I just couldn't deal with it. We left the office and I was furious and fuming! We fired him and started looking for alternatives. What we found was amazing- hypnobirthing!! A friend in the ward- Cami Kenworthy (who I'm forever grateful to for introducing me to the concept!)- told me about hypnobirthing. I went online and found a class with Laura Curtis. She is amazing!! We learned so much during the classes and I came to terms with the desire to birth naturally. My body was made to do this and I'm very confident that I can birth smoothly and easily. We also found midwives at Better Birth and a birthing center in Orem (BellaNatal). After a free visit & consultation we fell in love with both the midwives & the birthing center. The birthing center is NOTHING like a hospital for which I'm incredibly grateful. There are no drugs, IV's, pesky nurses, pushy doctors, piles of paperwork, hospital policies, etc. The day I birth, I'll go into the center and be able to birth for as long as it takes in a very comfortable & peaceful environment with a midwife who respects my desires for birth. My husband will be a huge part of the birthing experience and it will be about our new little family! I'll be sure to post lots of details about my birthing experience once the time comes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear more about your experience at that birth center. I'm also glad you are blogging more! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete