Saturday, June 11, 2011

3o weeks :)

Made it to the 3rd trimester! Started noticing how much more tired I am and getting more achey- especially my lower back & hips. I read that your pelvis is 4 bones that are connected by ligaments & during pregnancy the hormone relaxin causes these ligaments to, well, relax. And so things are shifty and sore. It also doesn't help that the baby has been laying sideways and very low like a little hot dog! It's a position called Transverse Lie and if she doesn't turn, it almost always results in a c-section- which I want to avoid at all costs! I found this awesome website called Spinning Babies that has great info about turning a baby. Also, I learned during my hypnobirthing class that it's best to keep a forward leaning position (create a hammock for the baby) so that the baby will turn head down and be anterior, which is the best & easiest way to deliver. It's been hard being at work in a chair all day, but I try to sit forward and not slouch. I brought in a birth ball to sit on periodically throughout the day. And on my breaks I go into an empty room and get on all 4's and do some pelvic tilts. I also do NOT lay on my back and I avoid bucket seats & reclining positions. I hope it helps turn her soon because the bigger she gets as she's sideways, the worse my stretch marks get! I started getting them around 26 weeks and was shocked! I didn't think they happened until well into the 3rd trimester/close to the end. Good thing I absolutely love this little girl and don't get upset about her hot dog position :)

No comments:

Post a Comment