But as I'm sure anyone reading this knows, we left the Bronx and moved to Coralville, Iowa (it's part of Iowa City) on the 22nd of October. The funding for Tyron's research at the school in NY fell through, leaving us to find another option. So we contacted the University of Iowa (the other school that accepted Tyron last year) and they are working on getting him transferred! It probably won't be until Fall 2013 so we decided to have faith and move anyways. We wanted to get settled here so Tyron could find a job for the next year.
We were HUGELY blessed to have my mom fly out and help for 2 1/2 weeks! When she first came out, her and I took a girls trip down to Washington D.C. since she had never seen it before! It was a quick 2 day trip, but we saw alot of things!
We also did a harbor cruise around Manhattan island and went to the 9/11 Memorial:
![]() |
| Auralia loved picking up rocks from the tree planter boxes at the memorial. She would walk from one to the next getting and leaving rocks. |
My mom helped us pack boxes, did a ton of the actual loading and unloading of the truck, along with a ton of unpacking. Auralia knew something was changing and she clung to me during the whole move so I actually wasn't much help at all. My mom was so wonderful and did so so much to help us accomplish this move! I love my mom so much. I know she loves me, Tyron, and Auralia- it's always so easily found in her kindness and sacrifices to help us with whatever we need. She helped us pay for food along the way and groceries & other items once we got here. She is such an incredible woman and I'm proud that she's my momma!





So glad you had your mom to help you! What a lifesaver. You guys both look great in those pictures. I hope you guys are getting settled and loving your new location.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Iowa City is going to be a better place for you guys to live. I hope everything goes better for Tyron in his new program!! What a crazy time you guys have had with school this past little while. Sometimes I think about our visiting teaching days together and I really miss it!
ReplyDeleteWe are so thankful to Brenda for all her help to you!! Glad you are moved & settled in; hope a job turns up soon!! You are always in our prayers!
ReplyDelete