Today's high was only 55 degrees so I wanted something warm. And since it's fall and I love pumpkins, I decided to do a yummy pumpkin treat! Luckily I bought some cans of pumpkin a couple of days ago :) Here's the recipe in case anyone wants to try it!
Pumpkin Treat
Crust:
1 c. bisquick
1/2 c. quick rolled oats (I used regular oats chopped up)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
Mix until crumbly then press into 9x13 pan. Bake 10 mins at 375.
Middle Layer:
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk (12 fl. oz)
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar (I used closer to 1/2 cup to decrease the sugar content in this recipe!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
Beat until well mixed. Pour over crust. Return to over and bake 25 more minutes.
Topping:
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T butter
Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over pumpkin. Return to over and bake 15-20 minutes longer. Cool.
Serve with ice cream or whipped topping
August
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment