Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Somebody is 4 months old...

Stats from her 4 month appointment: 12lbs 11oz and 24 3/4 inches. 

 4th month pic

So what's new with Auralia?

1) She's sleeping in her crib in her own room!! And it's awesome! Now we can read in bed with the light on before bed! We also got her a mobile and she loves it. She never cries when we put her in her crib, and if she is a little fussy she just stares at the mobile and listens to the music and is out within minutes!





2) She's on a schedule- wahoo!! She goes down around the same time (7pm) and wakes up around the same time (7am). She's had some early wake up times lately (around 6am) so we're trying to slowing push her bedtime back. She also naps 3 times a day for an hour +. This has allowed me so much time to exercise, shower, clean, and get in an occasional nap :)

3) She's laughing! It's not often, but she does and it's so so so cute! Last week Tyron got her to laugh and she started laughing which made him laugh hard which made her laugh hard which made him laugh harder which made her laugh harder... you get the point! They were both laughing, her body was moving with laughter! It was so heart warming to watch :)  I wish I could have recorded it, but by the time we tried, she had stopped and we couldn't get her to start. I'll try and get something up soon...

4) She loves momma & daddy. She definitely did before, but now she recognizes us and smiles at us and will even cry if we leave the room. Being loved & needed by a child was something that I really looked forward to when we were trying to get pregnant. When we were with our friends and their children, it was nice having their kids come sit in our lap and want us to read them a book, but when it was time to cuddle up or if they had a boo boo and wanted to feel safe they went to mom or dad.


To sum it up, she's changing and growing- happy and healthy. Being a mom in a new place (and NYC of all places) without family or many friends to help and working part-time has been incredibly challenging, but I can keep going because I love my daughter with every fiber of my being! And I love my hubby!! He helps out all the time. I take the midnight and 4am feedings and he takes the 7am one and then stays up with her, letting me sleep in until about 9:30am. So nice! He does so much else to help too- changing diapers, putting her to bed, feeding her, cleaning bottles, etc. I love my little family!

Other fun pics of Auralia:


 Thumbs up- so excited!
A little too excited!
Loves sucking on her 2 fingers

Can totally see the Jensen in her in this pic!

"I can't believe you're making me do tummy time, and then taking pictures of it"  
And a favorite- playing butt grab with sock monkey!

6 comments:

  1. Too Too cute!!! she is adorable!!! loved all the pics... and the captions were hilarious.. But I would expect nothing else from you Sal... Love you guys.. and we loved getting to catch up skyping the other night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update!! Thanks!! And all the great pics. Nath and I love her awesome Mohawk! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures Sally, Auralia is getting so big! Congrats on 4 months, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Can't wait to hear that laugh and play with her adorable mohawk hair. She is such a doll and I am so happy that she is being such a good baby sticking to a schedule like that! <3

    Loves to you all from Both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a doll! I am so glad you guys have her on a schedule and she is sleeping in her own room! That is the absolute BEST!!! Your captions are so funny! I love her hair sticking straight up too! Anyways, miss you guys! Keep the posts coming! You're my inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sally, she is adorable! I don't know about with you, but the time is going by sooo fast. She is not a newborn anymore. She is a little cute baby!! How fun to hear her laugh. Sorry that the transition has been challenging. I can only imagine how hard that would be.

    ReplyDelete