So Albert Einstein (the school, not the man!) gave us 2 tickets to go to the US Open last Tuesday! It was slightly lame because they wouldn't let us take the school bus that they were using to take all the students to the US Open in Queens because we had Auralia. So they gave us cards to use the metro and sent us on our way to figure it out. We headed into Manhattan via subway and then took a connecting subway to Queens. The ride to Queens was PACKED with 5 o'clock commuters, US Open attendees, and Met fans who were headed to a game which was across the street from the US Open. We were packed in like sardines. Luckily, we had Auralia in the moby- which I absolutely LOVE! We never take the stroller onto the bus or subway and she always does great in the moby. The US Open was huge! Tons of people, vendors, athletic stores. Who knew?!?! On TV it only looks like 100 people attend :) We were in the main stadium in nosebleed (of course) and got to watch Nadal play some underdog whose name I can't actually remember. It was a neat experience, although I'm not sure I'd do it again with a 2 month old! She was hungry, pretty fussy, needing a diaper change, etc. We ended up leaving just before 10pm and later found out that Serena played on that court after Nadal! Oh well... we didn't get home until 11:30pm anyways.

We enjoyed chicken tenders & waffle fries at the match. She enjoyed some milk :)
We miss you guys but I'm glad you are having fun and that Auralia loves the moby! Take care and we'll have to Skype with you soon. Love ya!
ReplyDelete