Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tyron's 30th Birthday- first surprise!

Tyron turns 30 on Friday! I can't believe he is reaching his 30's! We met when he was a missionary at 21 and I remember him coming back to Iowa for a visit a few months after his mission and we celebrated his 22nd birthday. Eight years later we are back in Iowa and I still have a major crush on him! What a beautiful 8 years it has been :)

I have several surprises planned for his big 3-0! The first was his sister, JaCobi, flying in from Alberta, Canada! She told me a couple months ago that she was going to come out and I was thrilled! So fun to spend some time together, especially as a surprise to Tyron for his birthday! I was super sneaky- deleted emails, texts, skype conversations, etc. in order to make it work. On the way there tonight I took the craziest backroad routes to get their and I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had to get my phone out to navigation because I got confused a couple of times :) But it helped because he has NO idea where we were going! And of course he was blindfolded through it all. Here's a picture and the awesome moment on video:




Thanks Jac for coming! And thanks Nathan for your willingness to be wifeless for a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is such a fantastic moment! Not going to lie I cried watching the video... we might be able to blame some of that on prego hormones...I have awesome siblings! Wish we could be there to celebrate your big 3-0 as well!!!
    Love you Have SO SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have prego hormones - & we cried!!! Thanks so much for videoing this Sally; so we could enjoy the moment with you!! Wish we could be there, too!!!
    Love you all!
    Mom & Dad J

    ReplyDelete