Thursday, March 1, 2012

President's Day

I know President's Day was a while ago, but better late than never! Tyron had the day off (Auralia & I did too! LOL) as well as our good friend Lejdja! So we decided to check out a beach in Connecticut because we plan on hitting up a beach as often as possible in the summer and want to check them out. For middle of February, it was sunny and 50 degrees so of course that means packing a picnic. We were way too optimistic about how warm it would be! The wind was crazy and we were freezing!! It got better after lunch when we were able to walk around and warm up! Here's some pictures:

Next time we're on the beach, I better be in a bathing suit and sun bathing!



Check out how many shells there were!! Tons & tons & TONS!


You know what's hard? Pushing a sleeping baby in a stroller through the sand.


Tyron was awesome and went seashell hunting in the rocks to find a big one! It paid off because he found a beautiful, huge, and unbroken shell that I was so proud of! Tyron loves seashell hunting. By the end of the summer I imagine we'll have a lot. I need to get on pinterest & find a cool project to do something with them all!
There were these 2 beautiful swans in the water!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the first seashells picture, I knew Tyron must be in heaven! When you go back in the summer, make sure that you bring a good book for the lonely hours while he is seashell hunting!
    Or you can just bring us to keep you company!
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd much rather bring you than a book! Speaking of books, are you excited for the The Hunger Games movies?? The previews look great!

      Delete