Thursday, January 5, 2012

6 months old

Auralia turned 6 months on the 21st! (I know I'm really late at posting this, but the holidays were really busy). I can't believe it's been 6 months already! She is such a precious girl and we absolutely adore her and make a big fuss over how awesome she is! We are always telling each other how much we love her!!!

On December 9th she went in for her 6 month appointment and weighed 14 lbs 12 ounces and was 25.5 inches tall. She's a petite baby, but she loves to eat so we aren't worried about it.


Auralia has made lots of new developments this last month! We started her on baby food a week after she was 5 months old, so she's been having solids for about 5-6 weeks now. At first she made sour faces and we had to mix a lot of her food with rice or oatmeal. But now she's eating a full jar (medium sized ones) of straight fruits or veggies; she eats food for 2 meals a day.



I've already posted about it, but Auralia is rolling over. She started just a couple days after her 5 month mark. We bought a big area rug and so now I can set her on it and let her roll around without being worried about her being on the hard wooden floors.



She also moves a lot in her sleep. She prefers to sleep on her side or stomach and so she'll often grab her toes to get momentum and then roll over. She also loves pulling a blanket close to or over her head. It scared us when we first discovered this because I thought she was going to suffocate!


We took our friend's advice and have stacked her feedings before bedtime (feeding her every 2 hours) so that she'll be full through the night. She's done a couple 7/8 hour stretches, but now that we're home from the holidays, we are working on getting her to do this every night if possible. She also cries for her soother when she wakes up during the night and I'm hoping she'll be able to deal without it. Last night was the first try at stretching her feeding and not giving her the soother when she cries. She cried for 7 minutes the first time (11:30pm) and 30 minutes the second time (2:30am) and then woke up at 4:30am to eat and went back to bed until 8am! So I'd say it was a great start!

Auralia has been teething, but no teeth yet!

We went to Canada for Christmas and she sat on 2 different Santa's laps. She didn't cry for either one! She just looked up at them and then turned back around like it was no big deal!




Here are some other fun pics from the last month:

Her long wispy hair is able to go into clips!
At Central Park- first swing ride!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THOSE PICS!!!! She is so stinkin cute! I love the one with the blanket over her head, I cant believe she put it on her head!!! The feeding ones are pretty funny too. I can't wait to see you guys in May!!!! She is the cutest baby in the world!!! I miss being around her:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute Sally! I hope she comes right along with sleeping through the night. Such a good idea to stack feedings! Good luck! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a doll Sally and Tyron!!! love her cute little expressions... and the rug is so nice!! hope she keeps doing well with the feedings and sleeping... we need to skype soon... so glad you had a good Christmas... Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! You all are so sweet to leave comments- I check everyday and get so excited to see them! Let's skype soon!

    ReplyDelete